Welcome to the South Oakleigh College community. Our mission is: ‘To foster and develop a love of education so that all students are active participants in our learning culture and are provided with support and challenge to promote academic excellence and personal development through a diversity of inspiring experiences.’
South Oakleigh College is committed to developing the whole child. Each of our students has talent and we offer a range of opportunities for every individual to achieve their potential and become confident, respectful and effective learners who are able to contribute constructively as global citizens of the 21st Century. Our students learn resilience; to persevere when challenged and to take responsibility for their learning by being resourceful. We celebrate the diversity of our students and encourage them to develop social responsibility, empathy and compassion for others.
We are delighted that you are considering our growing community as a pathway for your child.
• To provide diverse educational opportunities to maximise every child’s chance to participate confidently in a complex and rapidly changing world.
• To provide a sense of belonging within our caring and safe community.
• To provide opportunities to develop and demonstrate leadership through both local and global organisations.
• To promote both academic and personal growth by challenging and encouraging individual excellence.
• To foster a school community characterised by cultural and global awareness, with all members respecting the rights of others whilst caring for their physical and emotional wellbeing.
South Oakleigh College provides a challenging and comprehensive curriculum and supports a vibrant co-curricular program. Our values of high expectations, respect, responsibility, resilience and teamwork are consistently reinforced: during student learning, throughout teaching practice and across school management. In a caring and well-disciplined atmosphere the College expects and achieves high standards in all aspects of student leadership, endeavour, behaviour and presentation.
We believe a South Oakleigh College education is not an end in itself but the foundation for life-long learning.
Please feel free to contact the College if you have any enquiries regarding our school and the programs we offer.