Outstanding Facilities and Equipment
- Computer laboratories and library
- Gymnasium with mezzanine gym as well as indoor and outdoor basketball courts
- Specialist Art, Drama and Music facilities including individual Instrumental Music tuition rooms
- Year 12 lounge and study room
- Specialist Photography, Multi-Media, and Film and Television pre and post production areas and equipment
- Excellent Science and Technology laboratories and workshops
- 350 seat Performing Arts Theatre
- Student canteen and lounge
- Spacious outdoor playing fields
- Landscaped gardens, indoor/outdoor courts, playing fields
College Facilities Available for Hire
- Christine Strachan Theatre
Enquiries regarding hire of our College facilities are welcome.
- For hire of our theatre please contact our Theatre Manager Phillip Clark. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For hire of the gymnasium or oval please contact Kelly Garrett. Please call on 9579 2322 or email email@example.com
The South Oakleigh College Library is a bright and friendly environment with a focus on creating a reading culture for students of all year levels and abilities. Student learning is enhanced with access to computers, study areas and a relaxed reading space.
Year 7 and 8 students take part in stimulating activities when they learn to navigate the library catalogue and broaden their research skills.
Adjacent to the library is the Reading Room. Here, junior students have weekly reading sessions with their English teachers. During these classes they are required to develop and challenge their reading skills.
Classes are also held in the library when students are introduced to new and recommended books, authors and writing genres.
Throughout the year, Reading incentive programmes are held such as the Premiers’ Reading Challenge and the House Point Reading Challenge.
At lunchtime, the library is a welcoming and supportive space, with opportunities for students to meet and enjoy playing chess and other board and card games or to relax with a book or magazine.