Opportunities to Excel
We recognise that our students have individual talents and with this in mind we provide a broad range of opportunities where all students have the opportunity to excel. Our students are encouraged to achieve their personal best in order to become life-long, optimistic and enthusiastic learners.
Our opportunities for students include:
- Accelerated classes from Years 7-12
- Opportunity to participate in University Extension Programs
- Science Enrichment Programs including: International Physics Master Class, ‘Scientist in Residence Program’, access to the University of Melbourne and Monash University SEAMS program (Strengthening Achievement and Engagement in Maths and Science)
- Online learning opportunities in Science – through the “Emerging Science Program Victoria” – John Monash Science School
- Well established LOTE programs in Modern Greek and Japanese
- Online Learning Tasks available through Compass Portal which allows parents to access Learning Tasks and monitor academic progress on a regular basis.
- Access to excellent in-house VET subjects
- Literacy and Numeracy support across the curriculum
- Weekly Homework Club
- Study Skills and Exam Preparation for Senior School
- SOC TV Studio Fortnightly Broadcast Panel
- Student Leadership through: College Captains, the SRC, House System, Peer Support and Principal’s Student Opinion Committee
- Vibrant Performing Arts program: Instrumental Music options, Ensembles, Production, Talent Night, Theatre Nights
- Participation in a wide variety of Sports
- Extra Curricular opportunities in Robotics, Chess, Debating, Cambodia Volunteer Program, Local and International Camps: including NASA, Japan and Greece, community based activities and projects.