Open Night 2017
Discover South Oakleigh College at the Open Night 27th April 2017
Opportunities to Excel
We recognise that our students have individual talents and with this in mind we provide a broad range of opportunities where all students have the opportunity to excel. Our students are encouraged to achieve their personal best in order to become life-long, optimistic and enthusiastic learners.
Our opportunities for students include:
- Accelerated classes from Years 7-12
- Opportunity to participate in University Extension Programs
- Science Enrichment Programs including: International Physics Master Class, ‘Scientist in Residence Program’, access to the University of Melbourne and Monash University SEAMS program (Strengthening Achievement and Engagement in Maths and Science)
- Online learning opportunities in Science – through the “Emerging Science Program Victoria” – John Monash Science School
- Access to Victorian Virtual Learning Network (VVLN)
- Well established LOTE programs in Modern Greek and Japanese
- Online Learning Tasks available through Compass Portal which allows parents to access Learning Tasks and monitor academic progress on a regular basis.
- Access to excellent in-house VET subjects
- Literacy and Numeracy support across the curriculum
- Weekly Homework Club
- Study Skills and Exam Preparation for Senior School
- SOC TV Studio Fortnightly Broadcast Panel
- Student Leadership through: College Captains, the SRC, House System, Peer Support and Principal’s Student Opinion Committee
- Vibrant Performing Arts program: Instrumental Music options, Ensembles, Production, Talent Night, Theatre Nights
- Participation in a wide variety of Sports
- Extra Curricular opportunities in Robotics, Chess, Debating, Cambodia Volunteer Program, Local and International Camps: including NASA, Japan and Greece, community based activities and projects.