Accelerated Program Application
Applications for the Accelerated Program are now being accepted
High-achieving students are able to work with others of similar abilities in the areas of English, Mathematics and Science while remaining with peers of the same age in the other classes. The Accelerated Program ensures these students are challenged: they are offered opportunities to explore material in considerable depth and to apply high-order thinking skills to appropriate tasks.
Only students who are currently in Year 6 and have selected South Oakleigh College as their first preference are eligible to apply for this program.
To register your child for testing and consideration for the program, please complete the online EduTest Registration by Thursday 26 August 2021.
Testing date: Saturday 4 September 2021
Venue: South Oakleigh College Bakers Rd South Oakleigh VIC 3167
Cost: $40 (please note the School has heavily subsidised this test to make it equitable for all applicants)
Advantages of the program
- Students are challenged in their learning and are therefore more motivated and productive in class
- Students have the opportunity to study two VCE classes in Year 10
- Students will enter VCE with advanced skills
- Students can study their subjects in more depth
- Students will have the opportunity to participate in a University Year 13 subject during their Year 12 year
Any revised testing arrangements that may become necessary due to COVID-19 will be communicated to those who have applied.
Applications for the Year 7 Accelerated Program will close on Thursday 26 August 2021