We proudly provide:
- Secure home-stay arrangements for international students, closely monitored by the College.
- English as an Additional Language (EAL) Classes, Careers Counselling and Guidance, After School Study Supports and an Orientation Program to ensure starting International Students a smooth transition into our College.
- Dedicated staff who are knowledgeable and passionate about supporting students in achieving optimal success.
- Professional International Student Program Assistants providing individual support and tutoring.
- International Student Excursions and Cultural Experiences.
- School-wide Cultural Diversity Celebrations.
- Frequent updates about free events and workshops provided by Monash Youth Services for students.
- Mathematics tutoring for VCE students.
- Support preparing for the General Achievement Test for VCE students.
Facilities at South Oakleigh include:
- Convenient location, serviced by regular public transport routes.
- Accelerated VCE programs available for Year 10 students.
- Extensive music and performing arts programs, with a major annual production in our school theatre.
- Instrumental music program.
- TV Studio, which is linked to the whole curriculum.
- A school canteen that caters to various needs, including vegetarian options.
- A VCE Study Centre, with a Year 12 kitchen.
- Visits from staff from various universities (e.g. Melbourne University, Monash University, RMIT).