Outstanding Facilities and Equipment
- Computer laboratories
- Stimulating, well-stocked library
- High performance Fitness Centre
- Gymnasium with mezzanine gym; indoor and outdoor basketball courts
- Specialist Art, Drama and Music facilities
- Specialist Photography, Multi-Media, and Film and Television pre and post production areas and equipment
- Outstanding Science and Technology laboratories and workshops
- 350 seat Performing Arts Theatre
- Student canteen and lounge
- Year 12 lounge and VCE study room
- Spacious outdoor playing fields
- Landscaped gardens
College Facilities Available for Hire
- Christine Strachan Theatre
Enquires regarding hire of College facilities:
- For hire of theatre, contact Theatre Manager Phillip Clark. firstname.lastname@example.org Download our Theatre Hire Application Form, Theatre Hire Charges & our School Council Agreement document.
- For hire of gymnasium or oval, contact Kelly
email@example.com or call 9579 2322
The South Oakleigh College Library focuses on creating a reading environment for students of all year levels and abilities. Access to computers, study areas and a relaxed reading section enhances learning.
During classes, students are introduced to new and recommended books, authors and writing genres. Year 7 and 8 students learn how to navigate the library catalogue to develop their research skills. Adjacent to the library is the Reading Room, a calm area where junior students have weekly reading sessions to both develop and challenge their literacy skills.
Reading incentive programs, such as the Premiers’ and House Points Reading Challenges, are held throughout the year.
During lunch, the library is a welcoming and supportive space. There are opportunities for students to connect by playing chess and other board and card games, or to simply relax with a book or magazine.